What you will need to get started:
- Tablecloth or placemats
- Cutlery (forks, knives, spoons)
- Plates (large and small)
- Wine glass & water glass
- (for the finale) Saltist Himalayan Salt Shot Glasses
- Lay the placemat on the table.
- Put the dinner plate in the middle of the placemat.
- Place the salad plate on top of the dinner plate.
- If you're starting with a soup course, place the soup bowl on top of the salad plate.
- Lay a napkin to the left of the setting.
- To the left of the plate, place the fork on the napkin.
- On the right of the plate, place the knife closest to the plate and then the spoon.
- Directly above the knife, place the water glass.
- To the right and slightly above the water glass, place the wine glass or a glass for another beverage.
If using individual salt and pepper shakers for each guest, place them at the top of the placemat. Otherwise, place them near the center of the table, or, if using a long, rectangular table, place them in the middle of each end.
Now once the table has been set, it’s time to prepare for the food to serve to your guests. Here are type of foods you might want to consider on your dinner party:
- Start by setting out your appetizers. Include some finger foods, like crackers or chips, as well as something with a dipping sauce, like salsa or guacamole.
- Set out your main dish in one large bowl with a serving spoon and knife on one side of it. This will allow you to serve everyone at once without getting over-full with food!
- After the main course, it is time for dessert and a toast. For a fun experience, we suggest something with dark chocolate (like chocolate mousse) to pair with the tequila in a himalayan salt shot glass!